LBP 3,710 is the cost of 1 km travel
After raising the price of gasoline can to LBP 475,000 (Tuesday, March 29, 2022) and the dollar exchange rate to LBP 24,500, the cost of traveling by private vehicle has increased to about LBP 3,710 per km for a vehicle with an average consumption of 170 km/20 liters of gasoline (the more the vehicle is old and used, the more it consumes gasoline and needs maintenance. The more modern it is, the lower it consumes gasoline).
The cost per km is broken down into the following items:
- Gasoline: LBP 2,794, i.e. 75.3% of the total cost.
- Engine oil and filter: LBP 107
- Battery: LBP 56
- Tires: LBP 223
- Spark plug: LBP 37
- Automatic transmission fluid (ATF): LBP 27
- Front and rear brakes: LBP 155
- Windshield wiper: LBP 22
- Car wash (6 times a year): LBP 30
- Mechanic fees: LBP 9
- Third-party insurance + mandatory insurance: LBP 250
The cost of a round trip will be as follows:
- Trablous-Beirut: LBP 594,000
- Beirut-Jounieh: LBP 186,000
- Beirut-Saida: LBP 334,000
- Beirut-Zahle: LBP 408,000
- Beirut-Baalbeck: LBP 594,000
- Beirut-Halba, Akkar: LBP 668,000
- Beirut-Bint Jbeil: LBP 905,000
- Beirut-Naqoura: LBP 740,000
- Within Beirut areas: About LBP 82,000
This cost does not include that of sudden and potential malfunctions (alternator, starter motor, gear box, fan, fan belt, shock absorber and others).
N.B.: The cost of battery consumption, spark plugs, tires and other auto parts is determined based on an average annual mileage of 11,000 km, an exchange rate of LBP 24,500 to 1 USD and a price of LBP 475,000 per gasoline can.