Hasrouti: 220 members
This family is named after Hasrout, a Lebanese town located in the Qada’a of Chouf, 40 km from Beirut, at an altitude of 750 m above the sea level with a predominant Sunni population (80%) and a Greek Catholic minority (20%)
The Hasroutis are mostly Greek Catholics with a few Maronite members. They are distributed as follows:
- Maronite: 6 members in Ain Roummaneh.
- Greek Catholics: 85 members in Dair Dourit (Deir el-Qamar) and 120 members in Wadi Al-Dayr in Chouf.
Qalamouni (Al-Qalamouni): 265 members
This family name is inspired from the coastal town of Qalamoun, which is situated in the Qada’a of Tripoli, 75 km from Beirut and has a predominant Sunni population.
The Mazboudis are distributed over both Sunni (70%) and Shia’a (20%) communities as follows:
- Sunni: 63 members in Al-Haddadine neighborhood of Tripoli, 60 members in Al-Tal (Tripoli), 55 in Al-Mina, 25 in Souwayqa, and 18 members in Ashrafieh.
- Shia’a: 42 members in Al-Labwi and 10 in Al-Fakiha of Qada’a Baalbeck.
Chehouri (Al-Chehouri): 520 members
This family name is derived from the Chehour town of the Qada’a of Sour, which is 90 km from Beirut at an altitude of 800 m above the sea level and has a Shia’a population.
The Chehouris belong also to the Shia’a community and are distributed as follows:
- Beirut: 47 members in Bachoura, 30 in al-Marfaa, 24 in Ras Beirut and 120 members in Zqaq El-Blat.
- Sour: 47 members in Al-Chihabiyeh.
- Nabatieh: 58 members in Adshit and 16 in El-Doueir.
- Saida: 93 members in Al-Ghazieh, 72 in Babiliyah and 8 members in Salihiyyah.
Adlouni (Al-Adlouni): 212 members
This family name is ascribed to the Adloun town of Saida Qada’a, which is 60 km from Beirut at an altitude of 75 m above the sea level, with its resident population being Shia’a.
The Adlounis belong to the Sunni community and are distributed as follows:
- Beirut: 186 members in Al-Mazra’a.
- Saida: 18 members in Dekerman and 16 in Msalkhiyeh.
- Burj El-Barajni: 45 members in the Menshiyyeh neighborhood.
The Khiamis were named after the town of Khiam in the Qada’a of Merjay. Khiam is situated 100 km from Beirut at an altitude of 650 m above the sea level and is populated by Shia’a families mostly (92%) in addition Greek Orthodox (4%), Maronite (2%), Evangelical and Greek Catholic (2%) minorities.
The Khiamis are distributed over the Shia’a and Maronite communities (65% and 35% respectively) as follows:
- Shia’a: 86 members in the Jbal Al-Botm town in the Qada’a of Sour.
- Maronite: 47 members in Rmeish in the Bint Jbeil Qada’a.
Mashmoushi (Al-Mashmoushi): 485 members
This family is named after the town of Mashmoush located in the Qada’a of Jezzine, 65 km from Beirut, at an altitude of 900 m above the sea level, with its resident population being mainly Maronite.
The Mashmoushis though belong t the Sunni community and are present in Bsaba in the Qada’a of Chouf (445 members) and 25 members in Hasrout in the same Qada’a.